New ornaments on our tree is probably one of my favorite parts of decorating for Christmas. I have made so many ornaments over the years (our tree overflows with them!) but I just can't stop myself, I love to make them! I'm trying hard to use materials on hand for holiday making this year, and these were made with fabric scraps, paint, and wooden beads. I wasn't quite ready to go with full-on holiday colors just yet, so I grabbed some blue paint for the beads as well as green.
1. Paint 6 beads per ornament.
2. Tear the fabric in 1" strips, 20" lengths.
3. Put 2 strips with wrong sides together, tie a knot at one end.
4. Thread a needle, and stick it up through the knot. Thread a bead, then thread a bit of fabric, then a bead, then fabric, as in the photos.
5. Tie a knot in the fabric strips at the top. I left enough fabric at the top to create a hanging loop. Just loop the fabric back around to the knot at the top, and stitch in place to hold.
I think these would look really pretty in a longer garland.