With the idea of doing things with more intention this year, I am doing a few little things to spruce up my studio space, in lieu of a full-on clean/clear out. (I use so many different mediums and materials, it is usually quite chaotic in there!) I took a few quotes from my all time favorite pinterest board and painted them onto some stones I had, just to keep me inspired and motivated.
Inspiration Stone DIY
- Stones (mine are about 3"-4" across, fairly flat, smooth, and heavy enough to use as a paperweight.)
- Tracing paper (I used White Saral tracing paper) Note: you can also freehand these!
- Pen to trace with
- Acrylic paint in colors that contrast with the color of the rocks
- A couple of paintbrushes, tiny (detail) size and a larger one
- Scraps of your favorite fabrics
- Water to rinse brushes
- Paper towels or scrap rag
1. Rinse the stones and allow to dry.
2. Tape tracing paper and printed image to the surface of your rock OR write your message freehand on the rocks surface using a pencil. (like image above)
3. Using a small paintbrush and a contrast paint color, paint the letters. Do not worry about perfection here! Just readability, that's good enough. Allow to dry.
4. Cut details out of your fabric scraps (I like small, ditsy flowers, so I cut a few out). Adhere the cut fabric to the surface of the rock with ModPodge. Easy easy!
5. Cover the entire rock with a coat of ModPodge and allow to dry.