You didn't think I'd forgotten this month's inspiration image I hope. I have been down with a head cold all week, a functional but slower and more forgetful Blair does not get much done. Today I will take it slow, have lots of tea, and rest up. Its quite dreary outside, a really good day to sit with some handwork.
I have listened to the news all week long about the damage from Superstorm Sandy and I hope that everyone on the East Coast is getting all they need and are recovering.
I took a walk this morning to gather these leaves, I knew they would be my inspiration image this month and I wanted to grab them at their most colorful. As I reached out to tug at the leaves on my Japanese Maple in the back yard (the ones on the left), they came off with barely a touch. It seems my nature walk was not a minute too soon. What are you inspired by this month? There was a time I was not inspired in the least by Fall colors, but there's really something about how they glow here in the Northwest, against the rain and the mossy rocks. They are beautiful here... but they are beautiful everywhere.
Couple of things to note:
- There will be some exciting new things added to the shop next week! Honestly I can't wait to share them! I think the sketchbook project sketches I've done spawned the idea of this new collection, in a way, but then again its something I've had in my head for a very long time. You can always sign up for my newsletter and get news of when the shop is stocked for the holidays.
- My quilt pieces are hanging up at Artstream for their small works show entitled "Home". There is a reception this evening and if you are local to them I do hope you'll stop by. I've said it many times by now, but I am honored to have had my paintings travel across the country to hang for this show. Thank you Susan!
- I am working on a new set of paintings that will be part of the Ballard Artwalk and hanging at Drygoods Design in December. I had a dream about what I wanted to do for this show the other night and got so excited I almost got up to start painting at 2am! More soon. (Does this mean I'm an artist??)
- I will be doing a craft workshop at Urban Craft Uprising this year. More details on that soon, but I can't wait. This show has lots of good energy, great place to holiday shop for some handmade unique gifts.
- I am still working on my book, it is very much alive and kicking. Writing a book is such a labor of love (I thought I had some idea, but who was I kidding). I am excited to share details with you as they emerge, but if I ever disappear for a few days from the blog and am NOT sick, I probably have my nose deep in book writing. Right now the publication date is set for Spring of 2014. That's a long ways away so I won't bore you with book talk anymore for a while.
I was going to leave you with a list of links, but I think I may go rest now.
Have a great weekend everyone! Stay safe!