Another project we did for Emma's room redo was fill the need for a dressing table and chair. There is a bit more mirror time these days before school, and I thought it would be nice for her to have a place to keep all her earrings, lip gloss, and... slingshot.
We went to Goodwill and I immediately eyed a beautiful desk and chair. Separates... but o' so good together. $12 total.
To say Emma was dubious would be a big understatement.
We thoroughly cleaned both pieces, then several coats of light gray paint. I had suggested a faux inlaid pearl effect over the gray, but once Emma started painting her part, I kind of liked what she was doing, she was definitely making it her own. We used white acrylic paint and several sizes of small paint brushes. I painted vines, flowers, and simple shapes. Emma painted dragons, the letter E, and more dragons.
The chair seat was given a new layer of foam and covered in a Tula Pink "Parisville" print.