Over coffee this weekend, I proclaimed "Today, I am going to sew!". Big words, only because there really has been no time to do any such thing in the past few weeks, so I was essentially telling everyone to clean up after themselves for the day, I was off the clock. (kind of)
I played around with the crossbars effect. These are small 2" squares cut from small-scaled patterns, mostly Denyse Schmidt Hope Valley with some Kaffe Fassett Liberty prints mixed in. I started playing with the placement of the crosses, intentionally keeping them random. Whenever I was left with a spot that wouldn't have part of a crossbar in it, I added in a polka dot square. I used Elizabeth's quick-piece tiny square method for sewing the squares together. It worked great, allowing me to lay out the squares and play with placement right up until I ironed them all onto the fusible interfacting.
I hope you guys got some sewing in this weekend. Or some relaxing. Or both!